By The People FAQ's
- Are BY THE PEOPLE Personnel attorneys? No, we are not attorneys. We are Legal Document Assistants. In California, we are a licensed and bonded profession.
- What if I need legal advise? You
can always consult with an attorney of your choice. We can provide you
with a referral for an excellent local attorney who specializes in cases
similar to yours if you have questions we cannot answer for you, or
your situation is more complicated than our services are meant to help
- Do you have a Notary Public? Yes,
whenever we are open we have a Notary Public on staff. If you are a BY
THE PEOPLE customer, all Notarizations of your documents are included in
our fees. If you have documents not prepared by BY THE PEOPLE, we
charge $10.00 per signature you need notarized, in Cash Only. You must
sign the document in our presence and provide valid photo
- Does BY THE PEOPLE handle Criminal Matters? No,
we only handle uncontested civil matters. However, if you would like to
contact us, we may be able to refer an excellent local attorney to you.
- I need to have my documents prepared immediately. Do you have Rush or Same-Day document preparation services? Yes,
we can prepare certain documents within a few hours, if necessary. Rush
and Same-Day services are available for the following documents: Wills,
Powers of Attorney, Health Care Directives, Deeds, LLC and
Incorporation Articles. A modest Rush Fees will apply to these services.
- How long will it take to prepare my documents? The
documents we prepare at BY THE PEOPLE are typed specifically at your
direction. All documents are then rigorously proofed to ensure you
receive the highest quality legal documents available anywhere. Most of
our documents are prepared and ready for you to sign within one week,
depending on your situation.
Post a Comment