Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Saturday, May 28, 2022
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
A summary (or simple) divorce, available in some jurisdictions[which?], is used when spouses meet certain eligibility requirements or can agree on key issues beforehand.
- Short duration of marriage (less than five years)
- Absence of children (or, in some jurisdictions, prior allocation of child custody and of child-support direction and amount)
- Absence or minimal value of real property at issue and any associated encumbrances such as mortgages
- Absence of agreed-as-marital property above a given value threshold (around $35,000 not including vehicles)
- Absence, with respect to each spouse, of claims to personal property above a given value threshold, typically the same as that for total marital property, with such claims including claims to exclusive previous ownership of property described by the other spouse as marital
Sunday, May 22, 2022
Thursday, May 19, 2022
Monday, May 16, 2022
Contested divorces mean that one of several issues are required to be heard by a judge at trial level—this is more expensive, and the parties will have to pay for a lawyer's time and preparation. In such a divorce the spouses are not able to agree on issues for instance child custody and division of marital assets. In such situations, the litigation process takes longer to conclude. The judge controls the outcome of the case. Less adversarial approaches to divorce settlements have recently emerged, such as mediation and collaborative divorce settlement, which negotiate mutually acceptable resolution to conflicts. This principle in the United States is called 'Alternative Dispute Resolution' and has gained popularity.
Read more, here.
Friday, May 13, 2022
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Saturday, May 7, 2022
Wednesday, May 4, 2022
Sunday, May 1, 2022
UNCONTESTED DIVORCE | LIVING TRUSTS | WILLS | DEEDS | NAME CHANGES | NOTARY PUBLIC | POWER OF ATTORNEY | INCORPORATION/LLC | PROBATE | OTHER UNCONTESTED LEGAL MATTERS